I must admit I am a jewelry hoarder. It’s a problem. I especially love vintage costume jewelry. I have been collecting since I began going to my hometown thrift store decades ago. As far as earrings go, I have always thought the bigger and bolder the better, otherwise what’s the point? There are of course exceptions to the rule, such as when I’m working and I have little grabby kids paws all over the place, I can’t have anything dangling! Probably goes without saying, but these aren’t really built for running either. I just bought these big black beauties, and I’m in love. They are very lightweight and even though they are clip on they are still comfortable.
I had a hard time deciding between black or white. I decided black had a better contrast with the blonde hair. There is also a fabulous turquoise pair that would look amazing with a bright pink or coral lip but they didn’t seem as practical for the price.
You’ll find with that there is quite a range in price for earrings that look very similar, such as the beaded tassel earrings pictured below and at the end of the post. The secret is that in most cases, the more expensive earrings will be lighter in weight and therefore making them much more wearable.
When shopping I often take pictures in a full length mirror, yes, even when it’s just earrings. It makes a difference, trust me. Having a picture lets you compare between colors or items and can help you decide which to purchase. It also gives you pictures you can text to me and I’ll help you decide!
And here is a close up (of my pores, ha!).
These are a few of my favorite earrings:
- H&M gold beaded tassels-I purchased these last Summer and the price was right, the only negative is they are a little heavy.
- Vintage clip earrings-I found these at a vintage store, they are clip on (which is the case with most vintage costume jewelry). These are also a little on the heavy side but the clip on actually provides more support since you aren’t stretching out your piercing.
- Oscar de la Renta large impatiens flower drop earrings-these also come in mini, which are still quite large.
- Swarovski mesh crystal earrings-these are fairly lightweight and are a dark gray crystal
- Vintage gold shields– these are very lightweight and a great vintage find
- Swarovski mesh crystal earrings-these are the same as no.5 but I actually had these first, and they have definitely been a go to for a couple of years now.
You can shop statement earrings, mine included, by clicking and scrolling through the pictures below!